Care & Support for Those with Cognitive Impairments
As we grow older, many Americans will experience conditions like dementia and Alzheimer’s. These impairments can make living alone difficult, isolating, and even dangerous.
At The Legacy of Saint Michael, our Memory Care program is designed to provide personalized support and care to our residents with memory loss and cognitive impairments. Our goal is to ensure our residents remain comfortable, safe, and independent with access to 24-hour support from our highly-trained nursing staff.
Our Memory Care team undergoes specialized, dementia-specific education that trains them on providing individualized support to each resident. Using science-based practices, the community offers a comforting and supportive environment in a secure area that maintains the daily routines and activities that our residents need.
Your loved one deserves the best, and they’ll have it at The Legacy of Saint Michael. Please, contact us today for a tour.
Educated Staff Who Care
The Legacy of Saint Michael’s Memory Care program is uniquely designed to preserve the dignity of the residents we serve. Our compassionate staff is well-trained and respectful of the varied backgrounds of our residents. They know that flexibility and change are part of what we do and are ready to adapt to our residents’ changing needs.
Every team member participates in the Enriching Connections and Inspire Wellness for Life programs to better serve our residents. These programs provide training that focuses on science-based, research-driven practices that give our team members the tools to create comprehensive wellness services.
Before entering our Memory Care program, you and your loved one will meet with a registered nurse to determine your loved one’s required level of care. Our specialized team works closely with you and your loved one to provide a thorough assessment of your loved one’s needs so they can be placed in the lifestyle option that will best support them.
At The Legacy of Saint Michael, we can assist our Memory Care residents with:
- Personal hygiene
- Medication assistance
- Transferring assistance
Enriching Connections is a specialized dementia-specific training program for our Memory Care staff. It’s designed to provide our team members with tools and resources that ensure they can care for those with memory loss. This program focuses on:
- Relationships & Community: Everyone is invited to belong.
- Commitment: Our organizational leaders are actively involved and committed to providing personalized care.
- Certification & Training for Staff: All management and memory care staff members are certified through the Alzheimer’s Association and have completed additional dementia-specific training.
- Services: Families and nursing staff work together to create plans that promote individual preferences, independence, and dignity.
- Meaningful Life & Engagement: We focus on maintaining our residents’ best quality of life through Inspire Wellness for Life.
- Environment: Our team is dedicated to making continual improvements so that every Tealwood community is a dementia-friendly environment.
- Accountability: We always monitor our processes, plans, and culture to maintain the highest standards of care.
- It has become unsafe for them to live alone.
- Their health or your health is at risk.
- Their care needs are beyond your ability.
- Structure and social interaction at a memory care community would benefit them.
Communal Services & Amenities
All our Memory Care residents are free to enjoy our range of services, including:
- 3 daily nutritious, chef-prepared meals & snacks
- Health monitoring by our trained nursing staff
- Individualized social & recreational programs
- Assistance to & from meals and activities
- Regularly scheduled care conference
- Enclosed outdoor courtyard
- Grand Bath with whirlpool spa
- Mechanical lifts
- A private suite with a kitchenette & bathroom with shower
- Housekeeping, personal laundry, & linen services
- Full kitchen with stove, range, & refrigerator, with a dishwasher in select units
- Individually controlled temperature settings
- Custom blinds
- Walk-in showers
- All utilities (except telephone) including basic cable package
- Controlled access entry system
- Emergency response system
- Daily check-in system
Why Choose Us
Our community events are created with our residents in mind! We’re continually updating the event rotation to ensure you, our residents, get to experience and enjoy what you’re most passionate about. Learn more about our fitness classes, outings, and games at The Legacy of Saint Michael.
At The Legacy of Saint Michael, our lifestyle options are designed to give you exactly what you need. No matter the level of care you require, you have the chance to live life your way without sacrificing your security or independence.
Our community events are created with our residents in mind! We’re continually updating the event rotation to ensure you, our residents, get to experience and enjoy what you’re most passionate about. Learn more about our fitness classes, outings, and games at The Legacy of Saint Michael.Learn More
At The Legacy of Saint Michael, our lifestyle options are designed to give you exactly what you need. No matter the level of care you require, you have the chance to live life your way without sacrificing your security or independence.Learn More
Health and safety are now more important than ever. We’ve enhanced our safety protocols and disinfection procedures to ensure your health and safety are never compromised at The Legacy of Saint Michael.Learn More
Where to Find Us
See All We Have to Offer at The Legacy of Saint Michael Senior Living
Our beautiful Saint Michael location can be found just off the Frankfort Parkway NE on Lange Avenue NE.
Jennifer Mathison: [email protected]
Our Address4400 Lange Avenue NE
Saint Michael, MN 55376
Contact UsPhone: 763-316-3310