Enriching the Lives of Those We Serve
At The Legacy of Saint Michael, we’re committed to our mission of enriching the lives of those we serve. Our carefully-designed services and amenities and specialized training and development for our team is what separates Lifesprk from other senior living communities.
All programs at The Legacy of Saint Michael are designed to match our residents’ personal preferences. Using evidence-based practices and quality assurance programs, we ensure that our focus is always on our residents’ well-being, health, and safety.
Our primary focus is to:
- Improve cognition
- Decrease pain
- Reduce falls
- Reduce symptoms of depression
See what makes The Legacy of Saint Michael so special. Please, schedule a tour with us today.
Featured Community Services
Inspire Wellness for Life is designed to improve the quality of life of each resident. It’s a comprehensive wellness program that addresses the whole, unique person using the 7 dimensions of wellness as our guiding principles:
- Physical: Choosing to live a healthy, active life
- Spiritual: Living with meaning & purpose
- Social: Interacting with friends, family, & the community
- Emotional: Recognizing & accepting feelings
- Intellectual: Following creative pursuits & inspiration
- Vocational: Expressing yourself through your talents & passions
- Environmental: Respecting & caring for your surroundings
Enriching Connections is our specialized, dementia-specific training program that focuses on giving our team members the tools to support our residents with memory loss.
Our goal is to be proactive in our approach to caring for those with cognitive impairments. Once through the Enriching Connections certification, our staff can develop individualized plans of care for each resident that maintains their independence without sacrificing their health.
Staff who complete this certification learn:
- Relationships & Community: Everyone is invited to belong.
- Commitment: Our organizational leaders are actively involved and committed to providing personalized care.
- Certification & Training for Staff: All management and memory care staff members are certified through the Alzheimer’s Association and have completed additional dementia-specific training.
- Services: Families and nursing staff work together to create plans that promote individual preferences, independence, and dignity.
- Meaningful Life & Engagement: We focus on maintaining our residents’ best quality of life through Inspire Wellness for Life.
- Environment: Our team is dedicated to making continual improvements so that every Lifesprk community is a dementia-friendly environment.
- Accountability: We always monitor our processes, plans, and culture to maintain the highest standards of care.
We’ve partnered with local physicians to provide our residents with onsite medical care. This removes the stress and hardship of fighting the weather, traffic, and ailing health to get to your doctor’s appointment.
The partnership between our team, primary care providers, patients, and families ensures our residents receive continual, high-quality medical care. Its purpose is to improve the quality of life and health outcomes of all our residents, especially for those with disabilities or chronic health conditions.
At The Legacy of Saint Michael, we strive to ensure you have access to the services and support you need so you can remain healthy, happy, and strong for many more years.
At The Legacy of Saint Michael, we believe the 360 approach to healthcare is crucial in ensuring our residents’ well-being. Medication management is just one of the ways we deliver high standards of care.
There are many reasons why an individual may not follow their medication instructions. Medication management is designed to reduce medication errors and overuse, and provides a thorough quality review. With medication management:
- More patients take their medicine on time and the right dose.
- More patients meet their healthcare goals.
- There are reduced chances of duplication, side effects, and drug interactions.
- There are fewer hospitalizations related to incorrect dosing or missed doses.
Our team strives to listen and respond to the needs of our residents to continually enrich the lives of those we serve. We partner with TotalCare Pharmacy to ensure your needs are met.
For our residents with cognitive impairments, the stability and familiarity of routine are crucial for maintaining a sense of normalcy. The 8-8 program gives residents a structured daily routine without ever sacrificing an engaging and enjoyable lifestyle.
We design thoughtful daily activities so residents remain safe and in control, which has shown to positively affect state of mind, security, and sleep patterns.
We offer support for individuals looking for a short-term stay. Our Respite & Recovery program is a perfect fit for those needing a place to recover from an illness or injury or simply want to try out community living before fully committing.
The program offers all the same amenities a full-time resident receives so they can focus on recovery. Since Respite & Recovery is only available for short-term stays, customized packages can include:
- A fully furnished suite
- All utilities, except phone
- 3 meals a day
- Emergency response team
- Group activities
- 24-hour on-campus staff
- Continuous wellness checks
- Assistance for personal care, such as bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming, eating, and moving
- Medication administration and set-up
- Nurse supervision and monitoring from trained staff
Residents who have suffered illnesses or injuries may have lost essential motor functions that allow them to move around and communicate.
Physical therapy helps our residents regain strength lost due to an injury or illness. Our team focuses on helping them heal and retrain their bodies while always working at a comfortable pace.
Occupational therapy focuses on helping residents regain their independence. We create accessible ways to approach daily activities when they begin to become challenging. By finding effective alternatives, we help our residents avoid falls and injuries so they can do more for themselves.
Speech therapy helps residents who have had a stroke, injury, or illness that has made communicating difficult and frustrating. Our speech therapists help our residents find their voices through vocal exercises that train them to use the right muscles to formulate sounds naturally. We can also help alleviate issues related to swallowing through speech therapy.
For residents with terminal illnesses and conditions, hospice care is an option to ensure they remain as comfortable as possible. The Legacy of St. Michael focuses on providing superior quality of life and unparalleled care for residents during the end stages of life.
We partner with hospice agencies across the country and follow their guidelines to ensure all hospice residents receive the care they need. Above all else, our residents’ comfort and safety is our number one priority.
We support our medical services with a variety of recreational therapies. These therapies are included in our Integrative Health program and supplement our other care programs:
- Essential Oils: These aromatic oils are naturally-derived, and may help promote relaxation. Those with anxiety, pain, or nausea often use essential oils. They can also positively impact memory, mood, and learning.
- Hand & Foot Massage: This soothing form of touch helps release tension and stress. We frequently combine our massages with essential oils to create a more immersive atmosphere.
- Healing Music: Some rhythms and melodies often put people in a more peaceful state of mind. We choose specific music and schedule live music performances to encourage relaxation.
- Guided Imagery: Experience the power of your mind by concentrating on specific mental pictures. These sessions can bring clarity, focus, and relieve anxiety, insomnia, and pain.
- Energy-Based Healing Modalities: Reiki and other forms of healing touch are popular among those who seek relaxed, energized states of being. We invite experienced practitioners to our community so they can administer these services.
Our community life staff perform all Integrative Health services under the supervision of trained nurses. If you have questions about how these services might benefit you or a loved one, contact us and speak to someone who can help.
Why Choose Us
Our community events are created with our residents in mind! We’re continually updating the event rotation to ensure you, our residents, get to experience and enjoy what you’re most passionate about. Learn more about our fitness classes, outings, and games at The Legacy of Saint Michael.
At The Legacy of Saint Michael, our lifestyle options are designed to give you exactly what you need. No matter the level of care you require, you have the chance to live life your way without sacrificing your security or independence.
Our community events are created with our residents in mind! We’re continually updating the event rotation to ensure you, our residents, get to experience and enjoy what you’re most passionate about. Learn more about our fitness classes, outings, and games at The Legacy of Saint Michael.Learn More
At The Legacy of Saint Michael, our lifestyle options are designed to give you exactly what you need. No matter the level of care you require, you have the chance to live life your way without sacrificing your security or independence.Learn More
Health and safety are now more important than ever. We’ve enhanced our safety protocols and disinfection procedures to ensure your health and safety are never compromised at The Legacy of Saint Michael.Learn More
Where to Find Us
See All We Have to Offer at The Legacy of Saint Michael Senior Living
Our beautiful Saint Michael location can be found just off the Frankfort Parkway NE on Lange Avenue NE.
Alex Ferrell: [email protected]
Our Address4400 Lange Avenue NE
Saint Michael, MN 55376
Contact UsPhone: 763-296-7717